Esurance covers millions of people throughout the United States. When the company denies a claim, this can affect you in very serious ways. It is common for Esurance to deny claims, even when it knows it should cover your accident. This cost-saving tactic is one that many insurance companies use, and Esurance is no different. It will deny claims or seek to reduce coverage to help its bottom line at your expense.
At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, our experienced team of personal injury attorneys represents clients in Louisiana and Texas with insurance claim denials. Work with us to pursue compensation in your case.
Frequently Asked Questions About Esurance Claim Denials
Our highly experienced Texas and Louisiana car accident attorneys have answers to your frequently asked questions. Read on to better understand your rights.
1. What Is Esurance?
Esurance is an automobile insurance company established in 1999. It was one of the first online-only car insurance companies and saw significant success. Allstate Insurance acquired Esurance in 2019 and announced that it would be phased out in 2020. However, Esurance continues to open new policies for new and existing customers.
Like many other car insurance companies, Esurance has a reputation for denying valid car accident claims. It offers claims through its website and a mobile app, but it also has a customer service line to help you report an accident. However, despite claiming it is easy to make a claim, the company often denies coverage to save money.
2. What Reasons Will Esurance Use To Deny My Claim?
Esurance may deny your auto accident claim for one of several supposed reasons, including:
- The accident or damages do not fall under the policy
- You provided incorrect information in your policy application
- You failed to report the accident in a timely fashion
- You forgot to make payments on your premium or made late payments
- The claim is fraudulent or exaggerated
- You did not seek immediate medical attention or failed to follow up on medical appointments
- You were at fault for the accident
- The requested damages exceed the policy coverage amounts
Esurance has highly skilled insurance adjusters who look for reasons to deny your claim. An adjuster may find a legitimate reason to deny your claim, but they often search for an excuse masquerading as a legitimate reason. Our motor vehicle accident attorneys are all too familiar with Esurance’s tactics. We can help you fight back and pursue the compensation you deserve under the insurance policy.
3. How Do I Know What the Esurance Policy Covers?
The Esurance insurance policy dictates what damages are covered and what are not. These policies, however, can be many pages long and very confusing. Determining what the policy covers on your own can feel confusing and frustrating, but you are not alone. Our attorneys can help analyze what the Esurance policy includes.
We will look at important terms in the Esurance policy, including:
- Coverage minimums and maximums
- Premium payment history
- Types of accident coverage included in the policy
- Covered drivers
- Any exclusions under the policy
4. What Minimum Liability Coverage Does Louisiana Require?
Louisiana requires certain minimum liability coverage in car accident policies that each driver must carry. Every driver is required to have insurance that at least covers:
- $15,000 for bodily injury to a single person
- $30,000 to cover bodily injury to multiple persons in a single accident
- $25,000 for property damage from the accident
While this minimum coverage is required, many drivers fail to carry it. This could implicate your uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage with Esurance under your own policy. This coverage is meant to compensate you for your damages when the other driver’s insurance fails to compensate you fully. Esurance may try to deny you damages under the UM/UIM policy even when you are owed this compensation. Our insurance claim denial attorneys know how to help.
5. What Do I Do If Esurance Denied My Claim?
If Esurance denied your claim, it should explain the reasons for the denial. Read the denial letter carefully to see what excuse it provides. At this point, you should contact an insurance coverage denial attorney for help.
These cases are complicated, and Esurance uses powerful law firms to avoid paying legitimate claims. You need experienced attorneys who get real results for their clients, including millions in compensation from insurance companies and negligent defendants. Our attorneys can help you with the following:
- Collecting information to verify your insurance claim
- Analyzing your insurance policy and coverage
- Contesting the proffered reason for the denial
- Preparing a demand letter to force Esurance to cover your claim
- Filing an appeal of your insurance denial
6. How Can an Attorney Help With My Esurance Appeal?
If your claim was denied and you think you have a good reason for an appeal, we want to speak with you. We can help you determine whether you have a valid claim, and if so, help you with the appeal. We can assist you by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident
- Requesting police reports and accident reconstructions
- Organizing and collecting your medical records and bills
- Discussing your injuries with medical experts
- Interviewing witnesses to the accident
- Gathering evidence that supports your insurance claim
- Filing an insurance appeal or personal injury lawsuit on your behalf
- Negotiating with Esurance and other liable parties to win you compensation
Our law firm can help you file your appeal and pursue the compensation you are entitled to receive. Remember, Esurance often denies claims even when it knows its reason is illegitimate. Never assume there is no hope, as we can help you pursue the compensation you are owed.
Get Legal Help After Esurance Denies Your Car Accident Claim
At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, we know what Esurance is up to. We understand its tactics and how it tries to deny your insurance claim. Our lawyers know how to fight against these tactics and for the coverage you are owed. Whether Esurance covers the negligent driver that hurt you or it is your insurance company, the tactics are often the same. We can help with either scenario.